How do I choose between art and a mirror for my foyer?
It depends on what you want to accomplish.
- Art adds color, warmth, and personality to your home.
- Mirrors enlarge and expand a room, are handy to have for that last glance before a night on the town, and can make a powerful fashion statement.
I want to place a large piece of framed art in our foyer, but how can I hang it securely?
This is not a problem if you have the right hanging hardware and a hammer. The best hanging hardware for most walls is the J-hook. It is designed to keep the nail that goes into the wall at a sharp angle, so that even in drywall, it will stay in place.
It is important that the J-hook be properly weighted for the item you want to hang.
- On all Uttermost large framed art, we include the proper J-hook and nails to make sure you have exactly the hardware you need for hanging each piece.
- Note that Uttermost small and medium-sized framed art comes pre-wired for easy hanging.
- If your Uttermost framed art is not pre-wired, it is too large to be hung by wire. Please use your J-hook hardware to support and hang this item properly.
Please visit Karen Sacksteder owner of Sacksteder’s Interiors!
Karen Sacksteder is an interior design expert in Cincinnati, OH. She has been in interior design and home furnishing for over 30 years. Our furniture design studios offer all forms of home furnishings, art, lamps, floral designs and window treatments for your home decorating needs. Karen works to help home decorators design and furnish their homes. Sacksteder’s is excellent source for lamps, tables, design elements, chairs, couches, area rugs,clocks and accessories.
The Interior Design Consultation Service you need for your home decorating in the greater Cincinnati area.